IMAP protocol on iPhone is stable and usable on multiple devices at the sametime. If you do not plan to use ActiveSync , you can use Caldav and Carddav to also sync your calendar and contacts.
Step 1: Turn on your iPod/iPhone and login to unlock password.
Step 2: On the home window, tap Settings, then tap Mail, and then Add Account.
Step 3: Tap Other and enter in the following:
- Your name
- Your PSMail address (ex. email@example.com)
- Your PSMail password
- What you want the account to be called (ex. “My PSMail”).
Step 4: On the next screen (titled “New Account”), make sure that:
- The IMAP tab is highlighted
- For the Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP), the Host Name is “mail.psmail.net”
- For the Incoming Mail Server (SMTP), the Host Name is “mail.psmail.net”
- The User Names for both Incoming Mail Server and Outgoing Mail Server are your primary email address
- Whether you enter in a password for the Outgoing Mail Server is at your discretion.
Tap Save, and you’re done!
NOTE: You can also verify your Advanced settings by tapping Settings, then [PSMail IMAP Account], and then Advanced. Be sure that your settings match the following:
- Incoming Settings use SSL: ON
- Authentication: password
- Server Port: “993”
- Outgoing Settings use SSL: ON
- Authentication: Password
- Server Port: “465”
Note you can also enable Notes on Settings tab to capture your iPhone/iPad notes on the PSMail server.