PSMail’s AnyVPN uses Anyconnect with the newer Apex license and the version 4 of the Anyconnect client software for laptops, desktops.
There are some compatibility issues if you upgraded from Windows 8 to windows 10 for this version of the software. We recommend that you do a complete uninstall and reinstall of the older version of the Anyconnect software. As our VPN server automatically pushes upgrade to your system, aditional steps are required to stop this update and stick to the older version stable on these operating systems. Here are the steps
- Uninstall Anyconnect software from your computer
- Insall the older version of the software from our website https://mail.psmail.net/secure/vpn/sslvpn/AnyVPN/ (DO NOT connect to our VPN server yet).
- You should edit the XML file to disable automatic upgrade to newer version. Here are the instructions: The override setup is actually a local policy. You need to edit the XML file C:\ProgramData\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client\AnyConnectLocalPolicy.xml OR C:\ProgramData\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client\AnyConnectLocalPoli cy.xml (if only one of these locations / file exists, please use the one that exists)
- Look for the line below
and change it to
- Save the file (confirm administrator password or privielges if prompted for this)
- Reboot your machin and try connecting to PSMail’s VPN.