Your VPN install may be greyed out on Mac or Windows when there is a previous installation of VPN on your machine.
First, check to see if it is still installed (if you prefer, you can use SpotLight for search):
- From Finder go to the “Application” folder.
- Look for the “Cisco” folder and open the folder.
- Double click on Uninstall Anyconnect to start the uninstall process.
- Follow the instructions to uninstall the VPN program.
- Finally, reboot your machine.
- Now you are ready for a fresh install!
If you are not able to find an uninstaller, you can try going to command line or terminal.app and do the following:
- Run the following shell script from the Terminal:
- You will be prompted for your password. Once you enter it, just follow the steps and reboot.
- If you are still having problems try this from the terminal.app and reboot:
sudo pkgutil –forget com.cisco.pkg.anyconnect.vpn
As always, you can contact our Helpdesk and we’ll be happy to assist you!